Monday, July 7, 2008

What is Holden?


How can I describe what Holden Village is to those who have not been there?
What is this Holden where Art and I will be spending a year working and serving ? I think I will begin this introduct with pictures.

First we take a boat...

















Then we get on a bus...
















We come to work...



















We come for the food......

















We come for the worship.......














We come for the fun....



and more fun....
I wonder how we can live in a place with 6 months of snow....















The fun will get us through..






















2 comments:

satherds said...

start doing some dish teams

Unknown said...

Hi Joan,
thanks for your blog. the pictures are wonderful. The picture of MattP in cow costume and MattL in whatever is priceless.
Thanks for you note on my wall about my birthday.
I am looking forward to seeing you in a month or so.
Gundula