Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I know...

I know what a chipmunk's teeth feel like when they nibble on your fingers.
I know the sound of a ravens wings as it flies by your head.
I know what it feels like to have a humming bird land on your hand.
I know that I can walk between a doe and her fawn, if I move very slowly and quietly.
I know the joy of sleeping soundly after a hard days work.
I know that bears are not to be afraid of as long as you treat them respectfully.
I know that the moon is clearest on a cold night.
I know that rain comes in 100 different forms.
I know that mice stink if they die in your wall.
I know that you can eat good warm bread at any time of the day, even if you are not hungry.
I know that a martin looks like a mink and eats a lot of garbage.
I know that no matter how many time I walk up and down Chalet Hill, my legs still tire before I get there.
I know that friends are always on bus away; both coming to and leaving the village.
I know that having a five week old baby living down stairs is so much fun.
I know that much of what happens in the world each day does not effect me.
I know that the people with whom I share daily life with are the ones that really matter.
I know that family is more important than anything but that anyone can be made into family.

No comments: