Thursday, August 14, 2008

Home Alone

Art, Matt and the dog have gone to the Oregon coast to visit friends. It is supposed to be 80 degrees at the beach today (over 100 here). Art can't remember being at the beach in such wonderful weather. When you work 6 days a week for 40 years in the summer, I guess getting to the beach just is not on the list of fun things to do. I am so glad he can enjoy this time of water, family, friends and relaxation.

I am home alone for the first time that I can remember. We have always counted the dogs as actual family members here, so being home alone with dogs never counted as real aloneness. The truth is that the cat is home too, but as some of you know, she has never really counted in my book. Although she would defend me more than any dog if I needed it. I have seen her chase dogs out of the yard and send college students screaming. But that is another story.

As our date to move to Holden approaches I am feeling more and more out of sorts. Packing and leaving is more difficult than I had ever dreamed and yet I know that it will be the best thing we have ever done.

No comments: