Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Labyrinth Stomping

About a mile from the village there is a large open meadow that used to be the baseball field for the miners. For several years now, Holden has had a huge labyrinth drawn with stones in the summer and stomped in the snow in the winter. Many guests enjoy the walk out and the contemplative experience that the labyrinth gives.
After each snow fall someone volunteers to walk out there in snowshoes and stomp the snow back into this perfect shape. This week has dumped over two feet of snow in the Cascades, so my friend Michael and I went out to do the task.

Here in Michael in the middle and now he has to stomp his way out again. It is a lot of work to stomp two feet of snow into submission. After about and hour we were done and headed out but I tripped over my own snowshoes and fell into the perfectly sculpted side of the wall of the labyrinth, which is not longer perfect, kind of like me.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

how wonderful and fun.
Great captures

Amy said...

sounds like something I would do Joan, trip and fall. Thankfully, God is not about perfection.