Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Ride in the Imp

What a fun thing I did today!! My friend Nick, our Garbologist, knew that I have been wanting a ride in the Imp, a small tracked vehicle, that he uses to move things around the village. Today he had to go up to the 3rd level and asked if I wanted to go. Here he is waiting for me to grab my camera. I had left my coat in another building so I grabbed this purple one from "potty patrol", our lost and free to take room of clothing items. I asked Angela, my neighbor from downstairs, to snap a shot of me as we took off.
The imp can go anywhere; up snow banks and down. We slid around a few corners as we headed up to the mine tailings. The third level is the upper most level of the tailings and the one with the best view. From there we had a good view of the closest avalanches to the village. These two are just up the valley, behind the old miner's village. As you can see because of the weaker snow at the very bottom, the avalanche cut right down to bare ground.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

wow ... those avalanches are amazing.
See you in little over a month!

Amy said...

How fun! Gosh, Joan it looks like there is not much snow there. :( Great pics, post, SWEATER, and COAT! That looks like the coat that Julia adopted around Christmastime.

Anonymous said...

Hey Joan,

I came from Cliff's weather blog. Like your avalanche photos.

I have a Lutheran background so know about Holden Village, but haven't been there (yet).

- Pete (from Olalla)