Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hike to Hart Lake - The Trail

Hiking is more than a destination for me. I have a deep love for trails; just looking at trails and the beauty that surrounds them. These are pictures that I took yesterday on our hike to Hart Lake.

The spring flowers are out in full bloom in the mountains. Everywhere we looked there was something beautiful growing

Even the deepest and darkly wooded trails fascinate me. Years ago we saw a bear in this section and ever since I get a scary foreboding when I am in this deeply shady section.

Trillium grew everywhere but I had never seen purple Trillium until yesterday.

Even in the higher elevations we found flowers tucked into crevices and rocky areas. I really don't need a destination to enjoy a hike, just give me a beautiful trail.

3 comments:

Amy said...

hey, the deep shady section you mentioned is one of my favorite parts of the trail. Reading this makes me wish I could arrive at Holden tomorrow! Even so, see you soon.

Debbie said...

Wonderful memories
If I recall Patti told me that the trelliums turn purple as they age!

Anonymous said...

I love following your blog. I found you months ago via Cliff Mass's blog! I'm wondering when your time at Holden will draw to a close... I will be so sad, I love the refreshment I feel hearing about and seeing photos of your life there!