Saturday, April 25, 2009

Spring Work Week

We just finished Spring Work week and I am so tired. Work week is a time when around 60 people come into the village to help us open up the buildings that have been closed all winter. We all work in two areas; either operations or housekeeping. There is a special day mid-week called Blitz Day, where we all become Mavericks and open up things like the pool hall, snack bar, take all the winter screens off the windows and restore the dining hall to summer status. Above is my crew that cleaned and opened up the snack bar.
Here is a team of women hauling bags of clean sheets and towels from one lodge to another. The work is not easy but everyone really enjoys the spirit and community of the week.

At the end of the week we have a feast meal with wine at the table. Several people dress up for this dinner. Here are a few who really looked elegant.

Here is a picture of my crew sitting on my back steps. These ladies did a lot of work cleaning and opening up all of the lodges. They all leave tomorrow and next weekend the village fills up with 200 high school students for the first of the May Youth Weekends.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

and so you begin to move into the summer mode ....
It was May 4th that I arrived last year. Time flies ... thanks for being part of my journey!

Anonymous said...

Last year I arrived on Blitz Day. I had no clue what was going on. haha.
Good luck with MYWs.

Jeff said...

Wow, we were just there a couple months ago. Now the village is back to summer mode, I am gettin' the bug again. Thanks Joan for this blog. It makes me connected to the village.