Saturday, May 16, 2009

Utilities Coffee House

My new camera has not arrived yet and so I am using photos that Paul Haines, our public works director, took at last night's "Utilities Sponsored Event" coffeehouse. Our utilities people, see Marc, Nancy and Daniel below, put on the most fantastic and fun evenings for us all. Last night's coffeehouse was an affair to remember.

As soon as we entered Koinania, we were served cookies, coffee and punch. Each table had candles and tablecloths. After a period of chowing down and visiting the acts began. I can't begin to share the talent that this village has. We had juggling acts, original music sung, incredible violin playing and of course Art got in the act.
He and Paul H. did the funniest two man comedy act that I have ever seen and they did it in tuxedos.

Above, Annalisa, in her dress, is teaching us how to do this complicated Rugby play. I feel out of my chair laughing.
The final act was my favorite. I have discovered that I have a love for appalachian music. The three musicians above, Carol, Angela and Rolf, will forever have me in their audience. They are truly fantastic.

2 comments:

Amy said...

how interesting joan! sounds like fun. hope your camera arrives soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan, I just found your blog address and have enjoyed seeing all the photos so much. What a coffeehouse you had!

I'm sure you are really busy with all the youth weekend. Take good care and greet Art and others for us.

Also, please tell Jo that I read her Matins presentation. Powerful!
Love and peace to all,
Judy Bailey